The following Code of Ethics has been adopted from the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) to “Promote and maintain the highest standards of service in the building industry and conduct among its members”. Adherence to these standards is required for membership in our Association and serves to assure public confidence in the integrity and service of our members and in the building industry.
NAHB CODE OF ETHICS
Members of the National Association of Home Builders Believe and Affirm That:
• Home ownership can and should be within reach of every American family.
• American homes should be well designed, well constructed and well located in attractive communities with educational, recreational, religious and shopping facilities accessible to all.
• American homes should be built under the free American Enterprise System.
To Achieve These Goals, We Pledge Allegiance To The Following Principles and Policies:
• Our paramount responsibility is to our customers, our community, and our country.
• Honesty is our guiding business policy.
• High standards of health, safety and sanitation shall be built into every home.
• Members shall deal fairly with their respective employees, subcontractors and suppliers.
• As members of a progressive industry, we encourage research to develop new materials, new building techniques, new building equipment and improved methods of home financing to the end that every home purchaser may get the greatest possible value for every dollar.
• All sound legislative proposals affecting our industry and the people we serve shall have our informed and vigorous support.
• We hold inviolate the free enterprise system and the American Way of Life. We pledge our support to our associates, our local, state and national associations and all related industries concerned with the preservation of legitimate rights and freedoms.
We assume these responsibilities freely and solemnly, mindful that they are part of our obligation as members of the National Association of Home Builders.