State Required Continuing Education for GCs
General Contractors in NC must complete Continuing Education to renew a license.
Home Builders Association of Craven & Pamlico Counties (HBACPC) is currently offering two dates to assist GCs in meeting this requirement. Each day will include a full 8-hours of approved instruction including the 2-hour mandatory course and 6-hours of electives (2-hour and 4-hour courses). GCs may sign up for the full 8-hours or any individual course(s). CLASSES ARE IN PERSON NOT ONLINE.
- HBA Members (HBACPC will honor membership in any HBA.)
- 8-hours = $150
- 4-hours = $75
- 2-hours = $37.50
- Non-HBA Members
- 8-hours = $180
- 4-hours = $90
- 2-hours = $45
Thursday, October 29 - CLASS IS FULL
Friday, November 13
Amelia Grove, 1700 Brices Creek Road, New Bern
To register and pay online, use the Online Registration button below. To download and print a paper copy to mail in with a check, use the Download Registration Form button.
For Reference: Visit the NC Licensing Board for General Contractors at www.nclbgc.org for full details about CE.
General Statute 87-10.2 states that North Carolina licensed general contractors will be required to complete continuing education (CE) beginning with 2021 license renewals.
- 8 hours of CE must be completed to renew a license by at least one qualifier for licensees in the license classifications of Building, Residential and Unclassified. For the Unclassified license, it shall be the qualifier who has passed the Building examination.
- The 8-hour course requirement includes a mandatory 2-hour course produced by the Board with information about changes in the laws and rules and other content applicable to general contracting.
- The remaining 6 hours will be elective courses produced by outside providers, submitted to and approved by the Board.
- The CE year begins January 1 and ends on November 30 annually.
- Classes will not be offered during December.
It is very important to enroll in the early classes vs. waiting until the end of the sessions (November 2020). There will be a large number of builders requiring these classes. We will be offering classes to any General Contractors – not just our members and class size will be limited.
If you have questions, you may send an email to Judy Avery at email@example.com.
If you have immediate questions, please call the HBA office at 252-636-3707.